Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doug and I were like brothers in some ways. We were the ultimate tinkering partners. We built solar steam engines, electric cars and then the chocolate factory, an on-going affair. In some ways we were opposites and I think that is part of why we worked so well together. It took us a while to get over the "sibling rivalry" as we worked on projects together (two know-it-all's). We did get to the point years ago where mutual respect and love took precedence over egos. I was the more adventurous one and Doug the more cautious one. I the hyper-motivated, emotional and frantic one and Doug the calm, steady stoic one. Together we made a winning team that created The Grenada Chocolate Company. I feel that now I need to do the work for both of us, a somewhat intimidating challenge which I will do the best I can at and always be thinking "what would have Doug said . . . . . "

1 comment: